Labels

event (128) How to get there (11) travels (91)

Wednesday 26 May 2010

it goes PoP



for those born in the 80's... remember this game?
Prince of Persia...
well I recently managed to see the preview of the movie.. Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

I usually try to lower any expectations when watching a movie...
and having the guy from Donnie Darko acting as the lead kind of kept me wary...

yup the odd guy from the bunny movie...
but since it was free I had no reason to say no...
it was hard to imagine that the actor that reminded me of tobey mcquire (yes the girly man actor that played spiderman as peter parker...) could turn out like this...
I'm a straight as an arrow... but I still find that pretty impressive....

Anyway about the movie it's a pretty much action packed story with.. well.. a story...
It got a little slow in the middle but all in all it was a good watch.
And even more impressive is the fact that Jake Gyllenhaal did a lot of his own stunts...

Due to its setting in Persia, it kind of reminded me a lot of Aladdin...
but I found the period settings quite realistic and well done...

and if it was not enough for the typical guy... this movie adds in eye candy as a cherry on top...
introducing Gemma Arterton.. definitely worth a second and third look

If you had to watch any movie this season... I'd recommend this... probably the best movie so far this year...
for more info you can read up on IMDB's Prince of Persia: Sands of Time

Watch it.. tell me what you think when it opens in cinema's tomorrow!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Other BolehBokeh moments

Related Posts with Thumbnails