Labels

event (128) How to get there (11) travels (91)

Friday 24 September 2010

Betong: Hot Spring

Doesn't taking a dip in a hot spring sound soothing and relaxing?...
The Hot Spring in Betong is said to be able to boil an egg in 7 minutes...
does it still sound inviting...?

According to the entry in Wikipediea
"Betong Hot Spring (บ่อน้ำร้อนเบตง) is situated at Ban Charo Parai Village, Tambon Tano Mae Ro, about five kilometres before reaching the Betong city center, turn right from Highway 410 for another eight kilometers into the village. At the hottest spot, eggs are cooked in seven minutes. Hot spring shower is also available. It is believed that hot spring can cure muscle pain and minor skin irritation"
Being on the way to the Piyamit tunnel, I made sure this was one of the stopovers.
Unfortunately the sky seemed rather gloomy and I was concerned for rain, especially since this was the day I was being "initiated" into the mat motor gang... being soaked was not the way I wanted to remember this experience...
Thankfully I manged to walk around the place without any trouble.

There isn't much to the place other than a park and a resort...
When I walked in I wondered what was those metal cages...

 After snapping a few shots here and there I reliased hey...
there's water vapour coming outta those metal cages thingymajig....
While snapping this I realised the guy was pulling something out of the water..
 
 Upon closer inspection I realised it was a bag of eggs (hard to make out but it was!!)
then I remembered reading about the boiling an egg in 7 minutes bit...I just didn't know people actually did it!
And the guy not only did one but had like two more bags in the other springs...
 In the short time I was there, I would say this was quite a nice and relaxing park,
and the resort portion looked interesting but at that point I was not going to risk having my parade rained on..

Perhaps if I have another opportunity in the future I'll go take another walk around this place...
It definitely have potential and character...and I'm curious where are these place to take baths to cure minor aches and irritaions (without having to roast my nuts at the same time)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other BolehBokeh moments

Related Posts with Thumbnails