Labels

event (128) How to get there (11) travels (91)

Saturday 11 September 2010

My Traveling Day is OveR

700 kilometres,
five vehicles,
on 2, 4 and 8 wheels,
through country roads, towns, highways and a park
And all in one day...
want to know more?
keep on reading

Let's start off by saying the two lessons I learnt today...
no #1. Never travel on first day of Raya
no #2. Never park in Central Park for a midnight show

Lesson #1
i used to hear how crowded and hard it was to find a bus during Hari Raya...
I always thought it was because there were too many people travelling...
I never imagined it was because the bus operators simply didn't operate
I can understand in a small town like Padang Besar...
but what about a major city like Kangar...
thank God I managed to get one in Alor Setar even though it was majorly delayed

If I had a choice I would probably have stayed another night than go through all the trouble of taking the motor out of Padang Besar to a taxi to Kangar and the whole uncertainty of getting a bus...
But all of it was necessary in order to make it back for a movie...
not a great reason right but is important to me because it was something that has sort of in the works for weeks... and in a way I promised to be there... so keeping my word was my motivator
and this is where lesson #2 comes up...


Lesson #2
For those who have been to Central Park in Bandar Utama, they would know the parking next to the park
It is an unsecured parking and is my usual parking spot...
I've been parking there for ages... and I've had scares before where I thought my car was locked in the park (for some reason they started in the past year to lock the entrance to the carpark).. however tonight was a whole different story because this time they locked the entrance and the exit...
So other than having to wait til morning to get home, I took matters into my own hands and took an alternative route out... if you want to call it a quiet drive in the park... I did this because I discovered there was only one way out...  This is a google map of the park...
and the blue line was my path out...
nice eh?...

Well that's just the end of my 13 hours journey home and around a park...
I could not actually think of a better ending to misadventures if I tried...
The misadventures make the travelling fun after all, no?...
Will update on the trip to Betong later...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other BolehBokeh moments

Related Posts with Thumbnails