Labels

event (128) How to get there (11) travels (91)

Sunday 29 September 2013

Phoney Fillipino

She moved in a week ago...
and there has been no regrets

 
Since my my beloved Galaxy Tab 7.0 was mysteriously taken away
while I was enjoying the Philippines,
I was desperately searching for over a month...
 Thankfully, Philippine taketh away and Philippine giveth
I could be technical and go through all the specs
 
 but what I will be sharing is my experience thus far

The phone comes in white or black
 but after seeing the similarity with Samsung Galaxy,
I decided to go black
 soon the official unveiling began....
 
 and soon she lay there on my bed...
in all her naked glory
 
 I loved that it was so slim...
and it was not just the slimming effect of black colour
being a mere 8 mm, 
and the light weight...
it was nearly a 180 from my tablet...
but thankful that the 5.1 inch screen 
is not too small...
and most importantly it still has hard keys
unlike some that use soft keys that take up space on the screen

and the camera... 
I was worried that it would be crap
but is satisfactory to me...
and somehow manages to get a certain amount of shallow DOF...
only bad thing I can see is the over-smoothening in camera
hence loss of detail but not noticeable in most situations...
and I find that it is hard to get rid of the flare due to smudges on the lens 
12 MP is lovely step up for me....
but a 5 MP front is a bit disappointing
(don't mind the blue protection sheet on the lens)
the adaptor is so cute too
too bad it is a flat two pin head...(B type?)
but I'll make do with an universal adaptor

Now a quick review of the performance
I would love to say I had a great experience from the start
but unfortunately I had a horrendous beginning

After taking like 10 minutes to figure out that the cover is flexible
and won't break so easily, so ok to pry open
but after lot of fiddling,
I put the battery in...
and press the power button
and voila...
nothing...

I tried everything
I held the power button for 30 seconds...
removed the battery, retried
everything....

gave up and tried charging the battery over 16 hours
after an hour of fiddling after that...
suddenly I heard a melodious tone
and the cherry mobile graphics!
spent half the night figuring out how to root the phone
(even with pretty straightforward instructions from PinoyScreenCast)

Once all that settled...
the only problem was the storage space...
with only 1 GB for Apps...
I had to transfer most of it to my 8 GB external microSD
which can quickly fill up with all the HD games available for Android

I think getting strangers asking what phone is it 
after seeing the smoothness of playing Minion Run 
testifies to the performance of the phone...
It may not be the top of the top
but costing half to a third of internationally branded phones
this little quad core exceeds expectations

Now I just hope I don't forget it is in my pocket and sit on the phone..
but that may very well be a big test of the dragontail glass...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other BolehBokeh moments

Related Posts with Thumbnails