Labels

event (128) How to get there (11) travels (91)

Friday 26 March 2010

All the fuss, over 30 centimetre's?

As I opened the door to my house today, I was pleasently greeted by this white package waiting just for me... (especially since the seller only posted it from Canada 4 days ago!)
Just like a little kid on Christmas morning, I could not wait to open up my little present, but of course photo's first.
As I began to unwrap the UPS packaging, I was shocked to see... a speedo box! And if u look closer still you'd notice that it's for women?... Thankfully it was only slippers (or flip flops depending where u come from)... but this was not what I paid for...
so opening the box and hoping for the best, my heart skipped a beat as I beheld the Takumar 300mm f4!
As with the Takumar 135mm, I was pleasently surprised how small but powerful it was...
See that it's barely 3 times the size of mr ducky...

And of course what's the point of the cake if I can't eat it... so I slapped on my M42-EOS adapter and tested a few shots out my room window... (hope the neighbour's don't think I'm a voyeur or something). Spotted and focused on a "flower" outside the window.
and here's a 100% crop
So far so good.... next challenge is to use it on moving objects... perhaps jet ski this weekend or F1 next weekend... hopefully the 1.7x TC comes by then...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other BolehBokeh moments

Related Posts with Thumbnails