Labels

event (128) How to get there (11) travels (91)

Wednesday 14 April 2010

PoP GoeS my HardDisk

It was a calm serene evening, the fan was creaking, the newly connected external HD was humming, I was basking in the glow of my monitor, swaying to the sounds of sheldon's rant of his bowling team name when suddenly a Pop sound was heard and a foul stench filled the air.

I immediately shut off my external HD hoping it was not the source of the sound and metallic smell. To my relief it seemed fine... then to my horror, the realisation set in that it was my D drive on my computer. The hard disk that is almost perpetually running since it's installation just over a year ago.

After a quick disassembly, it can be clearly seen that it was not the HD tt failed but the connecting wire...
unfortunately it looks to have fried the port...
here's crossing my fingers.. hoping my data can be saved... if not there goes my photos from the first quarter of 2010.. and just imagine I was about to back that up... guess April is just not my month.... or maybe it's just how the universe treats a max 30 person.. *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other BolehBokeh moments

Related Posts with Thumbnails