Labels

event (128) How to get there (11) travels (91)

Monday 14 June 2010

Day 9: Middle of Misery

Had a bad day and Daniel Powter got nothing on me

I wonder if it's because of the books I read...
recently picked up two books about bad things happening to people and why God would allow it and even more than that destined it..... why? so good can come out of it...

The day starts with packing to leave Golok...
As I proceed to pay at the reception... I pay in Ringgit (border towns let u do that) and due to the exchange rate they needed to do a conversion for 1200 baht for two nights... if RM 1 = 9.60 Baht..., It should only be like RM125 or something like that... instead I got charged RM127.... so as I rushed off to see if I can catch the can to my next destination... and pondered on it...
There has to be something against thinking too much... it surely has side effects...
anyway, I pulled out my phone and did a few calculations.. but after I decided to forget it and placed my phone back in my pocket...
Two minutes later I paid for my van ticket to Yala and was seated in the van and realised my phone was missing?... I walked out and searched but of course with no success.. it's also kind of hard to ring your own phone.. without a phone...

Other than me leaving it at the ticket counter.. I can only figure I got pick pocketed but I cannot see why would anyone do that for a phone and not my wallet?...

So in the two hour ride I tried to come to terms to losing Sheep (named after its former master) and what would be a good way to break it to the kind giver...

Anyway arrived in Yala and tried to find the places I came to see.. but without my phone I had no idea the name of the hotels to check out... so I switched on my laptop and after reading my research material again.. realised I was in the wrong town... the places to stay were right but the things I wanted to see was in a town a few kilometres away... and after walking with my backpack around the city for two hours I decided the best decision would be to go back to Golok (why? because I didn't see a stop at my next destination here either)... so another 2 hour ride in a cramp van. So I payed RM24 for a 4 hour ride and a 2 hour exercise...

And of course it rains...

so I take a quick 7 minute walk to my destination... decided to try a different hotel that was told to be ok and cheaper... but of course... I would be disappointed.. why? no hot water!.. that's not so bad as the response I got when I asked the reception..."oh ya encik... air panas rosak"... What?!? hot water.. spoilt!! in a hotel?.. was gonna forget about it but being the stubborn man I am.. I go down again and complain to the desk... and was told if I wanted to check out I would have to pay RM26!... that's already half the price!... so after packing and pacing back and forth for a full half and hour waiting for their manager.. the lady at the counter sent some people up to check if I had used the room and eventually just let me go... GRRRRrrr... like that was so hard to do in the first place... So if any of you are thinking about checking in the Tara Regent Hotel in Golok... think twice..

And to imagine all this happened after sitting down four hours, walked around 2 hours 44 minutes.. imagine if I tried to do more today! What else could go wrong... Well the night is still young!

Anyway, in tribute of Sheep... I will soon look at it predecessors and my history with mobile phones...
Oh BTW, I did realise one good thing out of all this...
I've been so blessed because I've never ever bought a phone before.. it didn't hit me til just now...
Just good family and friend... Blessed indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other BolehBokeh moments

Related Posts with Thumbnails