Labels

event (128) How to get there (11) travels (91)

Tuesday 27 November 2018

Manila Bay


My first exposure to Manila was Manila Bay...
I do not know where it starts or where it ends...
At that point of time, I didn't even know that it had a name...
til this day I still don't know where Manila starts or ends.
I am usually not that interested in cities,
but since I had to pass through to go to the airport,
I might as well see the lay of the land...

I stayed in what is known as Ermita/Malate area in Manila
Again I don't know where one ends and the other begins
I chose the area because it was close to Intramurous.
Unfortunately those photos are gone with my hard disk

However the impression I felt as I first stepped out has remained with me
I ventured out of my hotel and started walking in the direction of MOA
before I ever landed in philippines I heard about this shopping mall 
What's so interesting about a mall?...
well I heard that it was not just a mall but a few warehouse like buildings 

I later found out that is not quite right....
Same like how I thought it was a close walk....
It eventually took me one hour to walk but it was a great scenic route.
 I was surprised when I came across the horse carts calesa
I took a few photos but that also has been lost to the void

I even came across a car show which I today have no idea where it was 
Again a pity all the photos died with my hard disk

Eventually I arrived at the fabled MOA...
but by that time I was too exhausted to explore any more...
I just grabbed dinner and took a taxi back to my hotel..
This would be my first of many experiences in Manila.
It is hard to put into words how different a place manila is...
Manila bay itself covers the older part of manila as well as as sporadic development
culminating in a gigantious mall

I eventually returned again to MOA when I discovered that they released fireworks every weekend
it was an interesting sight and was quite a show they put on




All in all, It was pretty good for a first time..







No comments:

Post a Comment

Other BolehBokeh moments

Related Posts with Thumbnails