Labels

event (128) How to get there (11) travels (91)

Friday 4 October 2019

Cebu: Courting Sto. Nino

Wandering around Sto. Nino church,
you'd come across a beautiful courtyard.
This to me was more interesting
and the place felt more organic... more sincere as believers came to light candles to Sto. Nino
 I am not quite informed about their believes 
but I know that Sto. Nino plays a bit part in the Cebuana beliefs.
Tried to be respectful and get out of the way of the locals going to pray.
 Walking around, you could see the wonderful care taken to beautify the place..
Did not understand the significance of these murals



 but I am pretty sure it tells the history of the Spanish and cebu

I suppose I should find out more...
but I was a just a guest passing through

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Other BolehBokeh moments

Related Posts with Thumbnails