Labels

event (128) How to get there (11) travels (91)

Monday 31 January 2022

Temp Photo Shooting

It has been a long long time since I have posted....

There is no excuse... not even the Covid....


It had been just as long if not longer since I went on a photoshoot and group shoots altogether.
Since Covid lockdowns started I like many others have been home bodies... bound to the house to keep our loved ones safe.

Since the vaccine roll out and even booster shots, things are starting to get back to normal.. 
if there really is such a thing as normal.

Despite the fact that my earnings have taken quite a beating, being a combination of Covid and end of the year slumps, I decided that I needed some social activities and felt the urge to take some photos. 

My gear had to finally find a home in a drybox which I had never needed to use before as the gear was regularly in use.

Was mentioning this fact to my friend who later invited me to join a photoshoot. Since Chinese New Year was coming up... or to be politically correct, Lunar New Year, it was a Cheongsam or I guess commonly known as Qipao themed shoot in a temple. 

So the shoot was in Chin Swee Temple in Genting Highlands. I can't even remember the last time I was there. 

My friend also gave me a lift there, and even that was quite a mini adventure in itself. Planning on a good intermediate location to meet up was challenging but ended up deciding on a petrol station on the highway. On the day itself I forgot to top up my prepaid mobile, and despite me being afraid of oversleeping, ended up my friend was the one that overslept. In the end though we arrived just in time to start shooting together. 

One thing I was glad (and hesitant about) the place was that there was mist... It gave it a nice look but could also make shooting quite a challenge. 


Maybe it is because I am not into architecture that I have not much interest in the temple or most of the structures on site. But the scenery on the hill was a good sight to behold. 

In the end it was an enjoyable time and when I got home I was surprised that I actually had some usable shots.

A few weeks later so happen to see another friend post their usual annual CNY shoot. After a years break due to Covid, D4M was back collaborating with CM photography to have another CNY shoot in another temple. It usually fills up quickly, so wasn't sure if I could go but messaged the friend straight and managed to get inserted in. woo hoo....

This time it was held in Thean Hou temple which is a popular site since it is one of the bigger ones in the city. I hadn't been there in a good 5 or 6 years and apparently there was a need for permit to shoot there now. Not surprising with the behaviour of some people.


I expected the many ROM and prewedding shoots in the place. What I did not anticipate was the rain nor how many other photoshoots would also be going on at the same time. 



Definitely less enjoyable but still fun none the less. Again I was surprised by the results and must say that I have been lowering my expectation due to the quality of models and showgirls in the recent years, but I must say that these two experiences has raised my hope for more fun in the future.... 

Now that countries are trying to open up to foreign travellers again, my gaze may start turning overseas once more.. but perhaps I may still join photoshoots back home if the opportunity arises... makes me miss the days of old. Hard to find a good group to shoot with any more.





Angpao 1
: Ivy



Angpao 2: Hayley










Angpao 3: Selene










Last Angpao: Yukii





No comments:

Post a Comment

Other BolehBokeh moments

Related Posts with Thumbnails